Thursday, March 3, 2011

Updates about art stuff...

So, for an update on where I am with my art...
First off, my studio is an absolute mess. The table has, well see for yourself:

Let's just say that it's gotten a bit more cluttered :)

Here's one of the paintings that I'm working on - still very much in the beginning stages - mostly just washes to lay out the composition. I think I'll keep you all updated on its progress.

This is a lovely old box camera that I'm borrowing and using. The inner film loading mechanism seems to be rusted shut, but I can cut a piece of photo paper and use that to take a photo with. I have to click the shutter about ten times then, but it's still pretty cool. The viewfinder is on the top too, so it's a very different experience.

Here's a really bad digital image of one of the photos I took with the box camera.




And this is my lovely pinhole camera!!! I'm super excited about it - it took a lot of planning, and a lot of time to complete. And doesn't it look pretty?
Here's a view from the front, with the shutter pulled aside so you can see the pinhole. The box is from my photo teacher, and the bits of wood, etc were all things I found in the scrap heap behind the barn at the college. I was really lucky with the key - it's so lovely.
And an inside view. On the bottom you can see one of the cardboard guides I made for the photo paper, and around the inner edge of the lid are scraps of leather from the tool room to help keep the camera light tight.
And it works!!!! There are no light leaks!!!
And here is the above photo, manipulated on my computer to simulate a contact positive of the photo. I think it looks pretty cool, and I can't wait to take more photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment